Consider these options before commissioning bespoke trousers. I’ll break it down from the top of the trousers to down.
- Fabric (slightly heavier fabrics will usually have better drape)
- High-waisted or mid-rise?
- What waist design do you want? Optional coin pocket?
- Belt loops or side adjusters?
- Inside tabs (to secure the waist).
- Tack stitching?
- Pick stitching along pockets, darts, fly, waist.
- Zip fly or button fly?
- Side pockets or besom pockets
- Back Pockets: One, two, or none?
- One, two, or no pleats
- How fitted should the leg be (straight, tapered, etc.) It’s your personal choice.
- Ironed crease along leg?
- Cuffs or no cuffs? (1.75-2″ depending on height)
- Full break, half-break, or no break?